Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Wherever my breath goes, so I go too.


Over the past week or so, I have written and unwritten, drafted, edited and deleted my first attempt at this blog many, many times. My reluctance comes not from a reticence to share with you all, but from a feeling of genuine bafflement when faced with the enormity of the task. Truthfully, I don’t know where to start or how to start or which bit to start with… how to begin unpacking it all in a structured or eloquent format has left me, well, lost for words (and that doesn’t happen often). I want to tell you all what has bought me to this place, why I’m here, why I’m excited and why I’m afraid. I want to invite you in. I want to bring you with me.

Breathwork is the magic that has bought me here. Healing through breathing, learning down among the depths the breath can take you to and finding in the breath a tool for growth and change that is as wild and beautiful as the crashing waves and as massive as the sky.

I hope you’re ready for a whole lot of metaphors.

For those amongst you who may be unfamiliar, Breathwork essentially refers to a conscious breathing practice in which you can use your breath as a tool to influence your emotional, physical and mental state. There are different types of Breathwork, derived from a variety of spiritual and ancient traditions from around the world, used therapeutically for healing, learning, exploring in altered states, for growth and for meditation.

My own experiences with Breathwork have bought me to the start of a journey that I will endeavour to share with you here. Over the next year I will be embarking on a Breathwork facilitator training course in order to prepare me to bring my love for this phenomenal practice out into the world. Who knows where the road may lead? Somewhere gorgeous and terrifying? Sure! Somewhere complex and massive? Absolutely! Wherever my breath goes, so I go too. Want to come?

Breathe deeply, until sweet air

Extinguishes the burn of fear
In your lungs, and every breath
Is a beautiful refusal
To become anything less than infinite.
-         D Antoinette Foy



Todays ramblings were bought to you with the help of a hot cup of Rose tea, because tea makes all things possible.
 Follow my journey on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/thepeaceofwildthings_blog/

4 comments:

  1. I DEFINATELY want to come on this journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent...but...i mean...you sort of have to teach'! Let's rock it x

      Delete
  2. Hi Lizzie, you have such a natural and flowing way of writing (and speaking!) I love the metaphors you use, which is perhaps the best way to describe the experiences of conscious breathing ..... "as wild and beautiful as the crashing waves and as massive as the sky." Love it. And I say "yes" to the journey too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much for this kind and wonderful comment Sarah, it really made me smile!

      Delete